Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Blinked And My Baby Is A Big Girl!

The significant other and I took a much much much (cannot express how much) needed mini-vaca this past weekend to Atlantic City. Not the most glamorous of places but after our wilderness adventure the week prior (promise I will blog about this soon) I decided to take what I can get!

It was our two-year anniversary. In this two-year period we went from being a young and irresponsible couple living downtown to a slightly grown-up and slightly responsible couple living smack in the middle of suburbia. Instead of deciding what night club to go to or what restaurant to eat at, we are browsing paint selections and folding endless piles of laundry.

We left Friday evening after work. The significant other was late getting home and I was annoyed, but when I got into the car there was a small gift box sitting on my seat. He went to Jared! I felt guilty for nagging about his lateness but kept it to myself. You should never let a man know how easy it is to buy your love :)  We drank like college kids, danced like fools and probably gambled away more of our savings then we should have. But we had so much fun. The significant other could not keep from showing me affection and it was much appreciated. So often you deliver a baby and go from being someone’s lover to someone’s mother. I openly admit that it has been sweats (besides work clothes) for me since Mia was born; so the feeling of taking a shower (an uninterrupted shower), shaving my legs, and putting on a sexy dress did wonders for my self esteem. I suggest everyone try it!

We came home quite exhausted on Sunday. Mia stayed with her grandmother while we were gone. As soon as I grabbed Mia, I said to her, "You have changed! You are heavier, longer and....." before I could say anything else she blew a raspberry at me. And then again! I shouted with delight. My mom said, "she almost learned to roll over too" Instant let down. I should have been so happy but I can’t believe I missed the first time she rolled over. A small feat for you and me, sure, but such a big accomplishment for a baby!

So while it was nice to get away and same probably saved my relationship (for at least a few more months anyway) the significant other and I decided, as we vegged out on the sofa with Mia that evening, life at home is an adventure. Better then any new clubs or even fancy sushi rolls. Growing up isn’t that bad.


Hey I have followers! If you have a blog and I am not following please let me know where I can find it! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment